A Good Day!

It really was a good day. Got up to find it raining, so waited till 8:30 am when it had stopped, still overcast but no wind. It would appear to be a good time to go looking at nature. All the birds seemed to be active and vocal. The swifts and swallows were flying low and there was lots of 'miggies' for them to catch. In fact at one point, near the Fleet, the Swifts were frighteningly close, once, I actually closed my eyes waiting for a collision.
On the scrub land near the Fleet I was watching through my binoculars, the Lapwings mobbing a couple of Magpies when into my view stepped a Fox, it saw the birds but just watched for a couple of minutes. It then carried on walking across the scrub, as I followed it a Brown Hare came bounding into view, stopped and froze, I thought it was going to be lunch for the fox, but no it kept on walking. I was amazed. Had he just eaten? He disappeared only to reappear three minutes later from cover and speed heading straight for the Hare. Fortunately the Hare had enough of a start to get away, the Fox gave up quickly. Drama on the Marsh.

No comments: